Refuse CollectionRamâss’sie d’Salop’thies
Household refuse is collected once a week. Depending on the area this may be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday of each week.
Any changes to refuse or glass collections when they fall on a Bank Holiday can be found on the Parish Latest News page.
Glass is collected once a month on the following rota.
Monday refuse collection – glass collection on first Friday of the month
Tuesday refuse collection – glass collection on second Friday of the month
Wednesday refuse collection – glass collection on third Friday of the month
Thursday refuse collection – glass collection on fourth Friday of the month
Should you have any further queries regarding the refuse or glass collections, please contact the Parish Hall on Tel: 481619 or email: [email protected].
- store household refuse in suitable bins or receptacles
- keep all glass separate from household waste – it is collected once a month
- rinse glass jars and bottles and remove the lids; glass that is not properly sorted and cleaned may not be collected.
- use plastic sacks or boxes (refuse spread by scavenging birds and rodents is your responsibility; your refuse collector may refuse to collect plastic sacks)
- put liquids such as cooking oil, paint etc. in your household refuse (these can leak onto the road and cause dangerous conditions for road users)
- put out garden refuse – it will not be collected
- mix glass with household refuse
- mix the following with glass jars and bottles -
- metals, ceramics or sharps
- carrier bags or other household refuse
- fluorescent tubes, sodium lamps and UV lamps (these should be taken to Bellozanne for specialist disposal)
- window frames, rubber seals and metal fixings